Historic Lazy T Ranch and Guest House of Northeast Kansas
Originally homesteaded in 1855, this historic family ranch now offers an outstanding Flint Hills location for your special event. The Lazy T provides fun farm experiences for the whole family, with hundreds of acres of native tallgrass prairie to explore with incredible views over the Kansas River Valley and the Manhattan area. Activities include ranch suppers, cowboy poetry entertainment, pony rides, and tours in the native prairie. We have "country atmosphere with city accessibility," located just a few minutes from Manhattan and I-70.
The Lazy T is a destination for birthday parties complete with pony rides or fun on our laser tag field. Our Cowboy Café, Prairie Pavilion, Bluestem Barn, and Tallgrass Arena are available for indoor parties and events.
The ranch hosts groups by appointment and holds various festivals and other special events throughout the year. From visiting a stone barn on the National Register of Historic Places to enjoying original cowboy poetry to experiencing great Flint Hills views and feeding animals, guests will enjoy this historic ranch in the scenic Flint Hills.
Fun on the Farm Experiences
The Wilson family invites you to an entertaining and educational visit* on our working Kansas family ranch. Your day could include:
- Feed animals
- Throw a lariat and rope a genuine longhorn steer head
- Take a hayrack ride or a hike to the top of Sugarloaf Hill for a great view of the Flint Hills
- Eat a delicious chuckwagon supper
- Enjoy original cowboy poetry entertainment
- Tour a historic 1860s stone barn and other buildings on the National and State Historic Registers
- See the native stone fences built in the 1860s
- See horses and beef cattle
- Pet ponies, sheep, goats, llamas, dogs, cats and bunnies
- See tractors, sit in a combine to see what it's like for a farmer harvesting crops
- See where the buffalo roamed, including native tallgrass prairie and wildflowers